There are so many already aired holiday ads, and the stores have had their winter holiday aisles up since just after Labor Day. Retailers certainly won’t let us forget that the holidays are almost upon us. Our email inboxes are already full of coupons for holiday cards and ideas for holiday meals. So, have you made your appointment for your family holiday photo yet? Are YOU ready for the holidays?
Without putting the horse before the cart, here is a checklist of items you can do now so that you are not overwhelmed as the holiday season arrives.
- Get out your holiday recipes. Check your pantry to make sure you have what you need so you don’t have to run to the store in the midst of holiday food prep.
- Plan your Thanksgiving meal. Order your turkey, if that’s what’s on the menu. Your butcher will thank you for not waiting until the last minute.
- Also plan your holiday baking. You can easily make breads and cookies now and freeze them for future use.
- Buy containers for freezer meals, holiday gifts and baked goods. The stores are full of holiday themed disposable ware.
- Take stock of your china, holiday tablecloths, serving pieces and stemware. If you need additional items you have plenty of time to look for sales.
- Review your address book. Update any changes and count how many holiday cards you need to order. It’s also not too early to start writing your holiday letter.
- Make your gift list and plan your budget. Look through your wrapping supplies and see if you need extra tissue paper, ribbons and bows.
- Make travel arrangements if you will be visiting family out of town. Service your car so that it is ready for the trek to Grandma’s house.
- If you are hosting family, check your supply of extra linens, towels and throw blankets. Schedule carpet cleaning, window washing and a professional house cleaning so that your home is sparkling.
- And finally, don’t forget to plan for a haircut, and a mani/pedi so that you start the holiday season relaxed and looking great.
Get your home ready for the upcoming holiday celebrations! We are having a great deal going on right now and you don’t want to miss out on this because it’s just in time for the holidays. We are offering our best discounts exclusively to customers like you. Join us and take advantage of these special savings.
You can receive an instant $150 cash back with every $1,000 installed purchase. We have a large variety of in-stock flooring options like bamboo, laminate, carpet, tile, vinyl, stone, glass, ceramic, porcelain, engineered and solid wood flooring. Come visit one of 12 locations to browse and for more information on this great event!
Football season is here!!!!! What does that mean? Tailgating parties. If you are lucky enough to have tickets to a game, good for you, but just because you couldn’t get tickets to the game – or your team’s on the road doesn’t mean you can’t have a tailgate party at home. Park your truck in front of your house or in the driveway, and decorate every square inch of it. Drag your television (with a long extension cord) and chairs out onto the lawn. But either way, this is how to have a great tailgate party.
If you are going to the stadium be sure you know all the tailgating rules.
Check the weather forecast. Pack umbrellas if necessary.
Good tailgating menus include the traditional hamburgers and hotdogs, but you can also think outside the box and do ribs or kebabs just to mix things up. Cupcakes, pies or cookies are good dessert options. Bring beers and soda or if you want to get really creative concoct a cocktail based on your favorite team.
Pack your BBQ grill, charcoal, lighter fluid, spatula and tongs. Also remember to bring paper plates, disposable silverware, napkins and cups for beer or soda. It’s also not a bad idea to bring wet wipes, trash bags, a bottle opener and a football or Frisbee to throw around. Decide whether you need a table or intend to use the back of your truck as an impromptu surface.
Prepack your ice chest and cooler as much as possible the night before to save time when you’re heading out for the game in the morning and to be sure that all your beverages are cold.
Bring folding chairs so everyone can enjoy the tailgate in comfort. Think about how to broadcast the pre-game show and keep track of other games that are in progress. After all many of your guests are probably in a fantasy football league and they want to keep track of their teams stats.
Drink responsibly, please designate a sober driver. And most of all enjoy yourselves!
We are having our Customer Appreciation sale for 3 days only, starting Saturday, August 24 until Monday, August 26, 2013! We truly appreciate you and want to show you just how thankful we are. Come out to one of our twelve locations for carpet, hardwood, laminate, natural stone, glass, and so much more. During these three days, you not only get great deals on tons of flooring materials, but you’ll also get cash back! With our instant cash back event, you save even more.
Again, we are so grateful and want to thank you for your business. We hope you take advantage of the event and that we see you this upcoming weekend so we can thank you for everything in person. Visit the location nearest to you!
For those of us who are not having Labor Day weekend parties but have instead planned camping trips here are a few tips to make the holiday as enjoyable as possible. Labor Day is such a busy camping time that it’s crucial to make reservations at the campground of your choice in advance. Waiting until the last minute is likely to leave you scrambling to find a spot for the weekend.
Please check the weather. Your local television station will have up-to-date forecasts. Pack clothing and camping gear depending on the weather. If it’s predicted to be cold, pack warm clothing, long-sleeves and pants. If the weather is going to be hot, opt for shorts and tank tops. But, keep in mind that you’ll need to pack at least one warm outfit for each person, because nights can be cool during Labor Day weekend. It’s also imperative to pack bug spray, wet wipes, toilet paper and a first aid kit.
Plan your menu. Do you have a camping stove or will you be cooking directly over the fire? This is an important difference. If you are cooking over an open fire, pre make many of your meals as possible, wrap them in foil and reheat. Burritos are an especially easy option in this situation. If you have a stove, the world is your oyster. Don’t forget to pack paper towels and dish soap for easy cleanups. A huge container of water for cleaning, drinking and brushing your teeth is also a necessity.
Since you will be “unplugging” from the real world you’ll want to bring a deck of cards, a football or a Frisbee for entertainment.
And most importantly, bring marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate. It’s never a good camping trip without making smores.
Three days only… Don’t Miss Our Free Labor Credit Event starting July 27, 2013 through July 29, 2013!
Here are some of the great offers going on this weekend:
- Celebrate our Special Offers at all twelve Century Tile locations.
- Get Free Labor & Pad on any carpet purchase*
- In addition…For EVERY 100 sq. ft. of ceramic, stone, glass, wood or laminate you purchase, you will receive a $100 Labor Credit towards your Century Hard Surface Installation!**
- Do a Backsplash Installation and get $25 minimum off on labor. Buy 500 sq. ft. – get a $500 credit…buy 1,000 sq. ft. – get a $1000 credit.
- Find deals of up to 20% off Quickstep laminate flooring or 10% off Century Distinctive hardwood or laminate flooring (solid & engineered hardwood flooring).
- Amazing 10% off on ALL Dal-Tile products – stocked or special order!
- Special 18 month no-interest financing available!
Don’t delay – these offers are only good through July 29th at any Century Tile location!
*For more details, visit any of our 12 locations.
- Get Free Labor & Pad on any carpet purchase*
- Special Savings on Mohawk Purlieu hardwood flooring and Mohawk Acclaim laminate flooring.
- Hardwood flooring now $2.99 sq.ft.
- All Century stocked marble and stone products – take an additional 10% off.
- Amazing 10% off on all Dal-Tile products – stocked or special order!
- Incredible Savings on Quality Ceramic Tile and Laminate Flooring.
- Durable High Performance Vinyl on sale.
- Wood Look Gerflor Vinyl Plank flooring….Now 20% off
- Special 18 month financing available!
Don’t delay – these offers are only good for this Saturday, Sunday & Monday (4/27 – 4/29) at all of our 12 Century Tile locations!
*Offer includes basic labor only. Excludes Manager’s Specials, remnants, commercial grade carpet. Minimum carpet installation of 275 sq. ft. Offer good only during sale dates. Requires purchase at
Come join us while we celebrate the grand opening of our NEW Carpet Department for our Mt. Prospect and Joilet locations! This is an exclusive limited time only event so you don’t want to miss out! It’s going on starting Saturday, March 9, 2013 until Monday, March 11, 2013.
Special Offers Include:
- Save up to 70% off Porcelain, Ceramic, Stone, Glass, Engineered Wood, Laminate, and Vinyl Flooring.
- 18 month special financing available.
- Bonus Savings Certificate: You can take an additional $50 off your flooring purchase when you schedule a free pre-measure today.
- Free labor and free carpet pad on every carpet purchase.
- And so much more!
For more information and details, please visit our website here.
Our Mt. Prospect Location:
- 915 E. Rand Rd. (At the intersection of Rand and E. Central Rds.)
- Store Hours: Sat. 8:00-6:00 Sun. 11:00-5:00 M-F 7:00-9:00
- Contact Us: 847-392-4700
Our Joilet Location:
- 1395 N. Larkin Ave.
- Store Hours: Sat. 9:00-6:00 Sun. 11:00-5:00 M-F 8:00-9:00
- Contact Us: 815-553-1800
Century Tile’s Mt. Prospect location is celebrating their 50th anniversary!
Journal Online helped Frank Parks Sr. recount the last 50 years of business, where he spoke about his many memories in the business. Century Tile first started with one store location at Austin Avenue and has grown to 12 different locations throughout the state of Illinois!
Take a look at the entire Tile Tale.
Enjoy these past and present pictures provided by Journal Online.
A special thank you goes out to Frank Parks Sr. for sharing and everything he has contributed to our family, as well as to Journal Online for telling the tale!