Posts Tagged ‘Carpet’
Hot chocolate is a staple on cold winter nights and holiday parties. Unfortunately, this dark liquid can stain your carpet quickly in the event of a spill. While it looks like it’ll be there forever, chocolate can be removed from carpeting. Just be sure to clean up the spill as soon as you see it to keep it from setting.
Begin by blotting up as much of the spill as you can with an absorbent cloth. Don’t rub the stain; you don’t want to work it further into the carpet, just absorb some of the liquid to help lighten the spill. Keep blotting until the cloth comes away dry.
After blotting the liquid from the spill, use one of the following mixtures. As a note, pretest any solution used on an inconspicuous location first. If a small amount of solution results in color transferring to a white cloth, use a different spot solution.
• Mix one fourth (¼) teaspoon dish detergent with one (1) cup of lukewarm water (don’t use any mixture stronger than this!)
• A non-flammable spot removal solution, such as a dry-cleaning type solvent.
• A mixture of 1 part vinegar to 2 parts warm water.
• Warm water
Dip a soft cloth into one of the above solutions. Use this to carefully blot the area of the spill. Begin on the outer edges of the spill and work towards the center. This will keep it from spreading.
Keep blotting the stain until you get the majority of it up. Rinse the cloth with water and pat the area again to help get any remaining soap out of the fibers.
If none of these solutions work, remember that professional cleaners are a great way to attack stains. Professionals have the equipment and skills to attack spots more aggressively.
Spills happen, particularly during parties. If you happen to notice some hot chocolate on your carpet, don’t panic. Take steps to clean it up as quickly as you can, and you shouldn’t notice any lingering stains to remind you of what once was spilled there. Learn more on removing chocolate stains here!
When two rooms abut one another, it’s common to use different flooring materials in each one, such as a hallway or bedroom or a living room and bathroom. When this occurs, there needs to be a transition between the two different floors. This can help even out differences in height between the two, or merely make a nice looking shift from one type of flooring to the next. There are several different types of thresholds you can use for transitions depending on the area, doorway size, and flooring choices. One of these may suit your purposes.
Marble thresholds make great transitions from bathrooms and other small rooms with tile floors out into the main area of your home. They come in many colors, and are usually between 4 and 6 inches wide. They have a very soft edge that creates a subtle transition between the two floors.
If one of the two floors is made of wood, you can use a matching threshold made of the same wood for a smooth transition between the two rooms. Wood thresholds come in a variety of different widths and lengths, so you can use this in nearly any size doorway.
If one or both of the rooms has a tiled floor, consider developing a tile transition. This is done by the installer who cuts down one of the floor tiles to fit the space. The edges may need to be bullnosed on site if one of the floors is higher than the other for a nicer shift.
Metal Transition Strip
Metal transition strips are an excellent choice for carpets, tile, wood floors, and for very modern homes. These thin transition strips are designed to protect the edges of the two floors from rubbing against one another, so the effect is subtle. The metal strips come in several different widths as well as different metal finishes and powder coats so you can make them as decorative or unobtrusive as you like.
Thresholds are important to make the transition from one floor to the next as simple and clean as possible. To get the best results, it pays to give the same level of attention to your thresholds as you do to your other flooring choices.
Extra! Extra! Read all about it! We are so excited to introduce our newest and most recently improved store.
Our Austin Ave. location is back in action. It’s brand new and remodeled as a carpet only store. Stop in for your new carpet because we have a huge selection to choose from and are specifically catered to talk about your carpet options. The address, contact information, and store hours are given below:
3001 N. Austin Ave.
Chicago, IL 60634
Phone: (773) 863-3700
We can’t wait to see you there! For directions or product information please visit our website here.
Get your home ready for the upcoming holiday celebrations! We are having a great deal going on right now and you don’t want to miss out on this because it’s just in time for the holidays. We are offering our best discounts exclusively to customers like you. Join us and take advantage of these special savings.
You can receive an instant $150 cash back with every $1,000 installed purchase. We have a large variety of in-stock flooring options like bamboo, laminate, carpet, tile, vinyl, stone, glass, ceramic, porcelain, engineered and solid wood flooring. Come visit one of 12 locations to browse and for more information on this great event!
We’ve been proudly serving Chicagoland since 1947 and we want to celebrate! Starting Saturday, October 19th, 2013 to October 28th, we are celebrating 66 years as Chicagoland’s flooring expert with a special Anniversary Sale! For a very limited time, we’re offering our best discounts to customers like you. Join us as we celebrate our 66th Anniversary and take advantage of:
- $66 Whole House Carpet Installation: Buy one room, two rooms or an entire house of brand new carpet and the installation in only $66! We have a variety of carpet choices like berbers, textures, friezes, patterns and so much more!
- $66 Labor Credit on Select Hard Surface Floors: For every 100 Sq. Ft. of Ceramic, Stone, Glass, Wood, Laminate, and Select Luxury Vinyl Tile purchased, you can receive $66 Labor Credit!
For more sale details and information come visit us! The holidays are a Hurry in while this offer lasts and don’t forget to visit any Century Tile before these incredible offers are gone!
We are having our Customer Appreciation sale for 3 days only, starting Saturday, August 24 until Monday, August 26, 2013! We truly appreciate you and want to show you just how thankful we are. Come out to one of our twelve locations for carpet, hardwood, laminate, natural stone, glass, and so much more. During these three days, you not only get great deals on tons of flooring materials, but you’ll also get cash back! With our instant cash back event, you save even more.
Again, we are so grateful and want to thank you for your business. We hope you take advantage of the event and that we see you this upcoming weekend so we can thank you for everything in person. Visit the location nearest to you!
Three days only… Don’t Miss Our Free Labor Credit Event starting July 27, 2013 through July 29, 2013!
Here are some of the great offers going on this weekend:
- Celebrate our Special Offers at all twelve Century Tile locations.
- Get Free Labor & Pad on any carpet purchase*
- In addition…For EVERY 100 sq. ft. of ceramic, stone, glass, wood or laminate you purchase, you will receive a $100 Labor Credit towards your Century Hard Surface Installation!**
- Do a Backsplash Installation and get $25 minimum off on labor. Buy 500 sq. ft. – get a $500 credit…buy 1,000 sq. ft. – get a $1000 credit.
- Find deals of up to 20% off Quickstep laminate flooring or 10% off Century Distinctive hardwood or laminate flooring (solid & engineered hardwood flooring).
- Amazing 10% off on ALL Dal-Tile products – stocked or special order!
- Special 18 month no-interest financing available!
Don’t delay – these offers are only good through July 29th at any Century Tile location!
*For more details, visit any of our 12 locations.
Have the recent floods disrupted the way you live? Has your home been damaged and you need to start picking up the pieces? We have felt the impact of the weather conditions and want to provide as much help as we can! Let’s work together to get your home back to its warm self and a place you can call home again. For a limited time only, we are offering an exclusive combination of offers.
- We can help work with your insurance company
- We’re here to help with labor: free labor credits
- $25 off any Century Tile backsplash
- Receive free labor and carpet pad with any carpet purchase
- 18 month special financing available
We’ll help you get back to normal as soon as possible! Print out the invitation above and bring it into any one of our locations to receive these exclusive offers! Check out our website for more information on our products.
- Get Free Labor & Pad on any carpet purchase*
- Special Savings on Mohawk Purlieu hardwood flooring and Mohawk Acclaim laminate flooring.
- Hardwood flooring now $2.99 sq.ft.
- All Century stocked marble and stone products – take an additional 10% off.
- Amazing 10% off on all Dal-Tile products – stocked or special order!
- Incredible Savings on Quality Ceramic Tile and Laminate Flooring.
- Durable High Performance Vinyl on sale.
- Wood Look Gerflor Vinyl Plank flooring….Now 20% off
- Special 18 month financing available!
Don’t delay – these offers are only good for this Saturday, Sunday & Monday (4/27 – 4/29) at all of our 12 Century Tile locations!
*Offer includes basic labor only. Excludes Manager’s Specials, remnants, commercial grade carpet. Minimum carpet installation of 275 sq. ft. Offer good only during sale dates. Requires purchase at