As school days approach and the weather starts turning colder, you may be looking through your fall wardrobe. Bring some new life to your older pieces with these tips!
Plaid shirts are such wonderful pieces to have in a wardrobe because they are funky yet classic, versatile yet relaxed. If you’ve never owned one it might be because the idea of trying to style one is intimidating. So much color and pattern! Or perhaps you’re convinced that there’s no way possible to make one look stylish or chic because they remind you of camping. Fear not! Peruse these ideas and you’re sure to find a few that will make you want to run to the store right now and buy a plaid shirt.
- Hip length plaid shirt, top it with a neutral cardigan with the sleeves scrunched just below the elbows and the cuffs of the plaid shirt flipped back over the cuffs of the sweater, skinny jeans, a chunky, flashy watch, and dressy flats.
- Hip length plaid shirt with sleeves neatly folded back to just below the elbow, buttoned up except for top two buttons, statement necklace and chunky bracelets, skinny dark denim, animal patterned pumps.
- Thigh length plaid shirt with cuffs loosely rolled back between elbow and wrist, black and white rock band t-shirt, high waisted cutoff shorts, funky black tights, bangles, and ankle boots.
- Hip length plaid shirt buttoned up and sleeves loosely rolled to just below the elbow, infinity scarf, skinny distressed blue denim, fancy flats.
- Form fitting, brightly colored plaid shirt buttoned up except for top two buttons, tucked into distressed indigo skinny jeans, chunky leather belt, pop colored suit jacket, statement necklace worn on the outside of the shirt collar, chunky ankle boots.
- Hip length plaid shirt with sleeves neatly folded back to just below the elbow, top it with a funky, textured vest in a neutral color, straight leg jeans with large cuffs at the bottom so your ankles show, light colored neutral booties.
- Oversized, boxy plaid shirt with ¾ length sleeves buttoned, loosely tucked into structured, flared skirt that sits at natural waist and is color coordinated with the shirt, black or dark navy tights, and pointy flats.
- Long sleeved, form fitting plaid shirt buttoned up except for top two buttons at top and shirt cuffs buttoned, tucked into dark denim whisker washed skinny jean, pop color skinny belt, statement necklace and ballet flats.