Often times, we tend to take for granted the outdoor part of our house, like the patio and deck. But just like any part of our home, it deserves a lot of attention, as it still adds to the beauty and overall appeal.
A great material to use for outdoor flooring is tile. It is durable and comes in different sizes, shapes and patterns.
So here are five outdoor flooring ideas if you want to use tile for your patio, deck, or garden.
- If you want your patio to be modern, consider using white tiles and combine it with chrome fittings and fixtures. Take a look at this Travertini Ceramic tile made by Atlas.
- There are also tiles that have different patterns on them like popular paintings or geometric prints. Selecting this type of tile can add a different feel and theme to your outdoor space.
- Another idea is to mix and match different shapes of tiles. Choose one large tile with a pattern or print that will reflect the theme that you wish to create and then arrange smaller tiles around it. We can help you find tiles that come in multiple sizes. Not all tiles come in all sizes and because not all tiles are the same thickness so it’s best to check with us before mixing and matching tiles.
- Make a pattern using your ceramic tiles. There are a lot of patterns that you can use to create your ceramic flooring such as the checkerboard pattern, a brickwork pattern, offset joint, diagonal with accent dots or a brick-weave pattern.
- If you want to add color and texture to your patio, you can opt to use pebbled or mosaic ceramic tiles. Remember, texture is great for slip-resistance.
Ask us which tiles are appropriate for outdoor use because not all tiles are suitable for exterior installations.