Does housework get the best of you? With our crazy lives full of kids, work, pets, after school activities and finding time for date night sometimes housekeeping comes last. To be sure that cleaning day doesn’t last for hours and hours, here are six easy things you can do every day to keep the dirt at bay.
- Make your bed. It makes your room instantly tidier, and you are less likely to mess up a tidy room, right?
- Manage clutter. When you leave a room look for what doesn’t belong and put it away. Insist that every one in your family do the same.
- Sort the mail. Recycle the junk mail, and deal with bills and correspondence right away. File immediately.
- Clean as you cook. You’ve heard this one before, and it’s true. Instead of filling the sink with pots and pans, wash them and put them away as you go.
- Wipe up spills right away. Don’t let the dog pee on the carpet, tomato sauce on the kitchen counter or water on the bathroom floor hang out. All spots and stains are easier to get out if you deal with it immediately.
- Sweep the kitchen floor. While your children may think that “cleaning up the kitchen” just means loading the dishwasher that is not the case. Give them one easier chore – sweeping the kitchen floor. This will keep the tough-to-clean kitchen grime more manageable when it comes to mopping day.
Tags: cleaning advice, cleaning hints, easy cleaning tips, family chores, home maintenance, house cleaning, household cleaning, household maintenance, how to keep your house clean, keep your, keeping the home clean, maintaining the home, quick cleaning tips
Trackback from your site.