- The classic mirror-over-fireplace trick can reflect traditional or modern tastes, depending on which style of mirror you choose. You can see this idea in the photo on the left.
- Get dramatic with a painted fireplace surround, glamorous black slate (not ceramic tile) and an elegant wood mantel.
- Forgo a mantel for the sleek look of stone, all the way up to the ceiling.
- Iridescent glass mosaic tile makes your hearth the jewel of the home.
- Make a cool, contemporary and powerful focal point in your room with a large-scale slate hearth.
- Try an extremely simple design with one piece of wood and a few pictures on top, like the photo below.
Aren’t these great ways to update your fireplace and make it a showpiece in your family room? Remember, that there are lots of tile options to choose from if you decide to go that route in sprucing up your fire place area. You can’t go wrong when it comes to decorating the home with your own style. Be sure to jazz up your mantle the way you want!
Tags: decorate the fire place surround, decorate the fireplace, decorating the hearth, designing with the fire place, fire place mantal, fire place mantle, fire place mantle decorations, fire place surround, how to decorate a mantle, mantle decorating
Trackback from your site.