Make it Personal
- What color were your walls in your bedroom when you were a child? Why not use the same color scheme now? Use the same color for your bedding.
- Use a desk to work double duty as a night stand. The extra storage means you have everything from your laptop to jewelry within reach.
- Save dried flowers, matchbooks, bottle caps or other mementos and use them to fill large glass jars. These are personal reminders of events in your life that are colorful and add whimsey to your room.
- Stack your own personal coffee table books. Display only the books that mean something to you.
- Keep large pieces neutral and accessories bright. For example, a gray couch is a great canvas for fun pillows. Choose a variety of materials like linen and silk with vibrant patterns to create a cheerful palette.
- On your walls, vintage maps make great artwork. Choose places that mean something to you.
- Make a table pop with colorful glass vases or teacups collected from your trips around the world.
Cheat a Little
- Mirrors can make a small space feel larger. Photos can add dimension as well. Remember those bulletin boards from your college dorm room? Same idea here. Display your favorite pictures and rotate them often. Call it wall art.
- No pricey chandelier. No problem. An oversize floor lamp can easily be transformed into a central light.
Remember – your space is YOUR space so make it uniquely yours.
Tags: add color to your home, bedroom decorating, bright accessories, coffee table books, decorate the walls, decorate your home, home decorating, home design, make your home personal, mirrors, neutral accessories, pop of color, wall decorating
Trackback from your site.