This goes without saying but let’s do it anyway. This space is not for the faint of heart! It’s daring, stark and edgy. But the beauty of it is that none of those attributes detracts from the fact that it is also very sophisticated. Furthermore, it has exceptionally artistic vibe, much like an art gallery. Not sure what the heck one would do with this sort of idea? It’s an ideal concept for a brooding artist, a serious corporate business executive, a big-city dweller, or someone who loves a clean feeling! You get the idea…
For purposes of this post we’ll focus on using it to achieve a modern décor with a sophisticated twist in a city loft. To do so we are going to break the elements of the room down in sections because it’s often easier to understand them that way. If you happen to be a novice, this approach will make learning our design a breeze! Just read the bullet points for each aspect of the décor and extract what works best for your personal vision.
The color pallet: Steel Grey, Cranberry, Blood Orange, True Red
What makes the colors work well together?
- One dominant shade that is highly saturated – red in its various forms.
- Gray that feels slightly unharmonious with the red. It gives the red a visual immediacy.
- White serves as the much needed visual relief – a place for the eye to rest among the strong relationship between the red and gray.
What makes the design sophisticated?
- Straight lines
- Geometric shapes
- Limited use of pattern
- Glass and metal
- Massive piece of bold artwork as the focal point
What makes the room glamorous?
- The incorporation of white
What makes the room versatile?
- It works well for both a masculine or feminine aesthetic
Trackback from your site.