Winter weddings often require slightly more planning than weddings that take place in warmer weather. For example, you have to plan for the theme far in advance to ensure all aspects of the wedding reflect the winter theme. Engagement photos often have the longest lead time so you might want to start with those at the top of your to-do list. Try one of the seven ideas that will wow everyone on your mailing list, and create a wonderful memory in the process!
- Stake skis and poles into the snow in a nice arrangement. Sit in the snow between them.
- Wear a fairy princess dress with a fur stole and an elaborate crown. Dress your groom in an elegant suit. Take the photos in a rustic, snowy location so that your glamour stands out against the simplicity of the rustic background.
- Dress in warm comfy clothes in colors that match. Have an actual snowball fight while the photographer snaps photos of it. When the snowball fight is over lie down in the snow and make snow angels together.
- Decorate an outdoor Christmas tree. Find a location with a pretty pine tree and winter surroundings. Try traditional decorations such as popcorn garland. Bring along some wrapped presents to place at the base of the tree. Use wrapping paper that coordinates with the colors of your wedding. It might be a good idea to wear clothes in those colors as well. Include a ladder with the props because it will add interesting options for posing.
- Wear a cable knit sweater with a plaid flannel scarf and jeans. Have the groom wear a flannel shirt and jeans. Find a natural colored background in a place in the woods. Take along mistletoe and have your groom hold it over your heads while you hold hands and kiss.
- If you winter wedding will be in the mountains try engagement photos captured on a ski lift. Dress in formal wear so it’s clear that it’s an unusual photo of a bride and groom. Ride the lift several times and while the photographer captures the moment, keep the photos interesting by talking, looking out at scenery, kidding, laughing, and so on.
- In a snowy mountainous area build a fire. Take along comfy camping chairs and the ingredients for s’mores. Wear fashionable winter gear that includes your wedding colors. Enjoy the fire and each other’s company while the photographer capture photos of you spending time and making s’mores.
Trackback from your site.