Guacamole is one way to enjoy avocados in your summer dips but it can also elevate your salsas as well. Strawberries are in season and can add a surprising flavor to your salsas. Add in the summertime staple, roasted corn, to the mix and you just might have yourself one of the freshest summertime salsas on the table!
The addition of avocado to these flavors adds a creamy texture that balances out the crunchy roasted corn and red onions, and sweet juices from the strawberries. This salsa is versatile, and while great when paired with your traditional crunchy tortilla chips, is sure to be a hit when added to any burrito, taco, burger or rice dish.
- 1 cup of corn kernels from a fresh ear of corn, husked and cut from the cob. You can substitute if needed when no fresh corn is available to you.
- 3/4 cup of diced red onion
- 1 1/4 cups of finely diced strawberries
- 1/2 a jalapeño pepper
- 1 diced avocado
- Small handful of diced cilantro
- 1/4 cup green onions diced
- Juice of one lemon
- Feta cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Lightly drizzle olive oil over your corn, diced red onion, and jalapeño. Roast the pepper whole.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes. Your vegetables should be lightly browned and the juices will be aromatic.
- Turn the heat to low broil and roast for an additional 2 minutes. Keep an eye on them so that they do not burn.
- Remove from heat and allow ingredients to cool.
- Once ingredients are at room temperature, dice the jalapeño and set aside.
- In a bowl, gently mix all ingredients together and add a dash of salt to taste.
- Add in the diced jalapeño to taste, keeping in mind that you can always kick up the heat if need be by adding more.
- Top salsa with feta cheese and serve!
Trackback from your site.