Even though white wall treatments are a staple in American homes, it can be challenging finding the right shade of white. Contrary to popular belief, white is not just white. There are many noticeable variations of this color. If you enjoy the simplicity that white offers, it is important to know its many different shades. To help, we made a guide for picking the perfect shade of white for your space:
- Cool Stark White. Cool white walls create a serene atmosphere. You can expect to see such a stark shade of white in contemporary style spaces because it adds to the feeling of “newness” that minimalist love. Often, when using this variation of white, you can keep the theme of the room simple which means there will be very little distraction or contrast.
- Creamy White. Creamy white almost gives off a heavenly feel. This variation is great for use in the bedroom since it promotes relaxation and peace. When using creamy white in your bedroom, try contrasting with layers of other types of white. For example, imagine cool white curtains and ivory bedding. This will add more dimensions to the room.
- Antique White. Antique white works in traditional spaces such as the living or dining room. Unlike cool white, antique white makes the room feel like it has been lived-in while providing an air of sophistication.
- Ivory. If you do not want a room to feel too cold, you might want to use an ivory white. White paint with ivory undertones adds a hint of warmth to the space. This variation of white compliments hardwood floors. To truly bring this look life, use halogen lighting.
- Gray White. Grayish white is not a variation that we see very often in homes. The gray undertones do not take away from the sophistication of the look. Instead, it serves as the perfect backdrop for more vivid hues. Colors such a purple, yellow and red work great as accent colors in a room with grayish white wall treatments.
- Warm White. Warm white has khaki undertones. This type of hue makes a space warm and welcoming, especially when you tie in natural materials.
Which white is your favorite choice? Let us know in the comment section.
Trackback from your site.