Fall is almost here! Just about everyone welcomes the cool, brisk days and crisp nights that fall offers, and what better time of year to spruce up your front entrance? Homeowners can choose from many inexpensive and creative ideas for dressing up their front entry with seasonal decor. To help you encapsulate the beloved season, we provided several ideas for you to enjoy. Let’s take a look!
Planters and Urns
- We are sure that you have planters and urns around your home, but if not, you will want to buy some varying sizes. Remember you can use these year-round for other seasonal decorations; therefore, they become a solid investment. If they need to be painted, think about burgundy, forest green, maybe even black/gray, gold or bronze. Planters can be spray painted in practically no time to save homeowners time and money.
- You may know that now is the time for mum flowers to be in bloom through November. They come in so many beautiful fall colors and are an inexpensive decor piece. When mums have finished blooming, simply plant them in your yard’s landscape to enjoy next fall. What a wonderful way to repurpose! You can even take the mums and place them in the planters and urns for a stylish pop of color.
- Planters are also beautiful for creating height in your arrangement, especially if you have pumpkins and cornstalks in the design. You can even reverse this idea and place pumpkins and gourds in the planters and place the mums on the ground around the planters. Try different arrangements until you find your favorite!
Baskets and More
- Everyone has some baskets laying around the house or in their garden shed. If you like the distressed look, you can incorporate them into your fall decor. If you prefer the clean and neat look, spray paint works wonders to help spruce them up for use.
- Pick up an old antique bench or chair from a yard sale for a unique twist. Again, you can keep natural or spray paint according to your style preference. Place dried flowers, small pumpkins, live mums, decorative gourds in the baskets and place on the bench or the seat of the chair. Also, large apple and peach baskets are perfect for placing a planter inside, or you can turn the basket upside down and use it as a table to display your fall treasures.
Cornstalks, Tree Limbs, Vines and Willow Branches
- These items are ideal for creating an arch around your front door and so beautiful and natural! These designs can be seen from the street which creates a showstopping effect. Be sure to have a supply of zip ties around the house to attach the limbs and stalks together. Afterward, spraypaint the zip ties if they are visible. Place the stalks in a planter, urn or basket for a decorative touch and anchor the limbs together by merely wrapping a fishing line from the bottom of the tree to the top. You can arrange the limbs once you have the zip ties or fishing line in place. Just attach the fishing line to light sconces or tap in small nails to secure at the top of your door.
How do you decorate for fall? We would love for you to share your tips and tricks with other readers, below in the comment section.
Trackback from your site.