Have you found yourself standing in the paint store trying to figure out which paintbrush you need to buy? Well, welcome to the world of paintbrushes! The main goal is to choose a paintbrush or roller that will give you the smoothest finish possible. Below, we have put together a few tips that should be helpful for choosing which type of paintbrush you need to get the smoothest paint finish possible. Let’s take a look!
A standard paintbrush is used for interior surfaces.
- One-Inch Paintbrush – Best used for detail work like window frames and small cans of paint or sample paint.
- One and One Half-Inch Paintbrush – This size paintbrush is ideal when painting doors, frames, and baseboards.
- Two-Inch Paintbrush – Two-inch paintbrushes are perfect when painting small walls, doors, and radiators.
- Three-Inch Paintbrush – Three-inch paintbrushes are used when painting walls, ceilings, and large areas.
- Four-Inch Paintbrush – Four-inch paintbrushes are used when painting walls, ceilings, and large areas.
- Four-Inch Masonry Brush – Four-inch masonry brushes are used when painting smooth or rough outdoor masonry surfaces.
- One-Inch Angled Brush – This paintbrush is designed for indoor use when cutting in window frames and other detail molding work.
- One- and One-Half-Inch Angled Brush – One- and one-half-inch angled paintbrushes are used when cutting doors, frames, and trim work.
- Two-Inch Angled Brush – Two-inch angled paintbrushes are ideal for cutting in doors, trim work, and painting radiators.
Paint Roller & Accessories
- Nine-Inch Paint Roller – A nine-inch paint roller sleeve with a medium pile that is woven polyester is best used for walls and ceilings. Keep in mind that paint rollers come in various widths according to the job. Buy a small width roller for furniture, cabinets, small walls, and trim work.
- Extension Poles – When you are painting an area with a high ceiling or if the staircase is exposed and the height gets higher with increased steps, consider buying an extension pole to complete the jobs. Extension poles are perfect for interior and exterior paint jobs and come in a variety of lengths.
We wish you the best of luck with your paint job and would love to hear how it turns out!
Trackback from your site.