This year has brought many changes to the home design industry, and it has been a fantastic time for advancement in new technology and products. During a season of reflecting and recapping the year, we have compiled a short list of the most popular flooring trends in 2018. Let’s take a look!
- Waterproof Flooring – With today’s busy families, waterproof flooring comes to the forefront as a requirement that homeowners are requesting. Waterproof flooring can work great in areas like kitchens, family rooms, bathrooms, laundry rooms, and mud rooms. In the past, tile was basically the only flooring that could guarantee a water-resistance property, but now we have 100% waterproof luxury vinyl tile or plank flooring that looks just like wood or tile/stone floors.
- Wood Look Flooring – With today’s technology, we have wood-like floors in luxury vinyl tile, laminate, and ceramic tile. Although this is not new, it has been extremely popular for several years and continues to grow and meet the demand of today’s homeowners!
- Blonde Flooring – Blonde flooring is here and looks fantastic with almost any design style, especially modern and contemporary. Blonde floors make any room look larger, pristine and airy! Gray and whitewashed floors are still popular and not going anywhere, so do not fret!
- Eco Friendly Flooring – Most homeowners are concerned with our environment and are very interested in where and how their flooring is manufactured. Bamboo flooring is the most eco-friendly flooring and continues to attract the green thumb homeowner.
- Textured Flooring – As you probably already know, texture in home design and fashion is a big deal now. With technology processes, the flooring industry is producing floors with distressed, wire brushed and hand scraped appearances in wood, laminate, and luxury vinyl tile. Textured flooring makes the floor look more natural while adding to the overall design of the room.
What is your favorite 2018 flooring trend? We would love to hear your thoughts below in the comment section!