As autumn takes over for summer, these days of perfect weather give us one last chance for outdoor entertaining. If you have one of those beautiful outdoor kitchen and patio spaces, enjoying the outdoor space is just a matter of picking up the food. Even if your space is limited along with your budget, you can create a lovely outdoor spot for company, or just for your family.
Here are a few ideas.
- Think about your space. Before you go shopping, take a look at your patio or yard. Would a picnic table be a good family choice? If your patio and household are small, maybe just a table to seat four would make more sense. For balconies, the bistro tables designed for two are a nice option. Would you like a small seating area beyond your table? Make a plan and do some measuring before you shop.
- Take advantage of end-of-season sales. As the weather turns colder, patio furniture drops in price dramatically. Now is the time to pick up some outdoor items to enjoy this fall and next year.
- Don’t limit your options to standard patio furniture. Repurpose an old wooden set painted by painting it a bright color. While this option may mean that you bring it into a shed or cover it when not in use to help it last, it’s an appealing and inexpensive alternative.
- Have fun with color. Vivid colors such blue combined with the yellow of the lemons creates an inviting dinner spot from an old painted table and some linens. Are there some bright colors you’d like to have in your life that don’t fit in your home? Maybe you can have them in your backyard.
- Include nature. Decorate the table with lemon branches and add fruit on the table remind you that you are outside. You can do the same with apples or pears in a more temperate climate. Celebrate the outdoors with plants, fruits and flowers.
Creating an outdoor space is a great way to expand your living area and add to your entertaining options. From a large gathering under the trees to a simple breakfast on your patio, take full advantage of the outdoors.