Here’s to another year filled with prosperity, peace, love and joy with family and friends.
Posts Tagged ‘celebrate’
He’s been asking, and asking, and asking for that man cave. Truly they are daunting spaces since the décor can vary so widely from the rest of the home. But, if you’re ready to relent, go about it the smart way and buy him things that he’ll love. If you choose the stuff but he loves it, the man cave can come about as being lovely! Here are our top suggestions for Father’s Day:
- If he’s a gamer, old school stand-up video games. Think Pac-Man and Donkey Kong!
- If he’s a musician, a small wooden stage on which he and his buddies can jam.
- If he’s sports fan, have his favorite players’ jerseys professionally framed.
- If he’s a golfer, a really large screen and a golf video game so he can practice his swing.
- If he’s into comics, such as Batman, think Gotham City and hang a gothic style chandelier.
- If he’s into hunting, a very well designed decorative gun rack.
- If he’s into kayaking, a hang handmade one upside down from the ceiling.
- If he’s into hockey use pucks to create a wall border, rather than wallpaper.
- If he’s into watching multiple games at a time (something many men love) hang more than one TV. He will have no complaint when he can watch three or four events at once.
Get the idea? There are so many ways to put a huge smile on his face while preventing him from covering an entire wall in baseball cards! The more unique the idea, the cooler the man cave. If you’re on a budget, allow him to install the items himself. Put a big bow on everything and leave it in the center of the room. He’ll have the time of his life putting it all up himself. When he’s done he’ll also have HUGE bragging rights!
Mother’s Day is just around the corner and every year when we were younger we would wake up early, cook our mothers breakfast in bed with dad, and generally spoil her all day doing chores and trying to stay out of trouble. Now that we are all grown up the normal is sending flowers or a card to your mother to remind her of how much you love her and appreciate her.
But there are other creative ways to show your mother your love for her, ways that she won’t be expecting. One great way to show your mother your love is to try sending her a hand written letter on the Sundays leading up to, and including, Mother’s Day. They could be about a warm memory you have of your childhood with her or they could be updates in your life and how she helped you achieve these things. A mother will appreciate the thought and hand written letters can be kept and treasured.
Another fun idea is to sign up for a paint night in your area where you go and an instructor helps the class paint a particular picture. Get two tickets and gift them to your mom for Mother’s Day. Then when it’s time to take the class you and your mother can sit together for a couple of hours enjoying each others company and getting to spend quality time together.
If you have enough childhood pictures you could also try scrapbooking those photos into a small scrapbook. Get creative and add little blurbs about your memories of the photos taken. It will be a nice way for her to see the world from your perspective when you were younger and you will have something to look over and share while you spend the day together.
Finally, if none of those appeal to you, you can always go old school and cook your mom a decadent home cooked meal. Grab the fixings and bring them over to your mother’s house and let her relax while you prepare dinner (you can always enlists Dad’s help here like back in the day).
At the root of it Mother’s Day is a celebration of the sacrifices every mother makes for her children and a day for us to express our gratitude for that. As long as your gift is a labor of love your mother is sure to love it.
We at Century Tile wish you a memorable holiday season with your family and friends!